Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: CCalifornia Wildfires?!?!?

  1. #1
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Dear Cherie [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
    I'm sort of geograpically challenged so any time I hear there are wildfires in California I get very uneasy and all I can think about is you and your loved ones and your critters!
    I sure hope those fires are no where near you!
    PLEASE be safe!

    Your worried fan,
    [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]confused.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]
    Gus

  2. #2
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Dear Cherie,
    As far as I can tell you and your critters are a safe distance from the current fires! I hope that doesn't change.
    Beware of all that smoky air though. It sounds like it is getting really bad around there and I worry so!
    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus


    If the smoke affects the air we breathe, Clark County experts will be the first to let us know. So far, there's nothing dangerous in the air. That could all change in a matter of days. The haze around the valley is so thick, mountain views vanish. "I have been having trouble breathing. It feels like someone is squeezing my bronchial tubes." The smoky air is creating additional breathing problems for some valley residents. Just ask Kelly Mayfield. "Whenever it is really windy, I try not to go outside. It makes it worse. Later on in the day, with the smoke, I can't go outside either."

    Experts say more smoke from California may make its way into the valley. Doctors say the advice for people with allergies or asthma is to stay inside. "Clearly using the air conditioning, staying indoors, rolling your car windows up can make a big difference." The outlook is not as good for people in southern California. The fire burning northeast of Los Angeles is spreading, and it's charred more than 57 hundred acres.

    Hundreds of homes are being evacuated in the Santa Clarita area. So far, no structures have been burned. But there's an unusual cause for this one. Investigators say it was sparked by a hawk that hit a power line, caught fire and then fell onto the ground, setting the plants and brush on fire.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

    <font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ July 21, 2004 11:27 AM: Message edited by: gus danger ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MrFrosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 2004
    Posts
    56
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Speaking as one of Cherie's not too distant neighbors, I can attest that currently both fires are miles away from the area and the smoke and wind is blowing in the opposite direction. That's assuming no new fires ignite. The trouble in So Cal right now is that there is so much dry fuel around, it only takes the drop of a cigarette butt to set something wildly ablaze and the idea of clearing out the infested trees is all tied up in a bunch of legal red-tape that slows down any preventative action before the problem arises.

    Other than that, I paid Cherie a visit the other day outside the antique store where she showcases the critters and she's looking good and doing fine even at work in 90+ deg weather.

  4. #4
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Thanks Mr. Frosty!
    I'll sleep a little easier tonight.
    [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sleepy.gif[/img]
    GD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic